Since Google does not support SIP, what you need to do to get around the restriction is get an alternate SIP account, connect it to a 2nd phone number, and the forward your Google Voice to this number.
This is how you can do it for Free!
1. Get a SIP account from sip2sip.info
- (Its free and just take a minute to create an account)
2. Get an IPKall phone number from ipkall.com
- Create an account and use your sip2sip.info from step 1 and they will give you a USA phone number for free.
3. Get a Google voice number (if you don’t have one yet) and forward it to your new IPKall phone number from step 2.
4. Setup your softphone using your sip2sip.info account info.
Now your Google Voice inbound calls will ring on your SIP client!